It’s my birthdaaaay! No it’s my blogs, but still. I’m honestly so excited and have so much to say so bear with me.
I started Posh Prime a year ago with the hope of curbing my online shopping addiction and sharing what I love. My online shopping addiction is worse (fail), but I have shared what I love, made new friends & gained a lot of confidence. I never thought my blog would grow to what it is (I hope for more growth in the next year) and I never thought I would love it this much.
Blogging started off as a hobby, but it has become my passion and makes me really happy. I love reading the sweet comments from all of you, and finding blogs I love and look forward to reading every morning. I enjoy seeing what others are wearing, what they love, etc and I really have liked making new friends. I’ve gotten to work with some great companies, went to Simply Stylist and met my idol Catt Sadler, and have gained a lot of happiness.
When I first started this blog, I knew I liked fashion, but now I love it. I am obsessed with it and think about it night & day. Sharing my outfits and getting kind feedback has given me so much confidence and I couldn’t thank you all enough for that. When I went through a rough time in the spring & summer, I turned to Posh Prime for happiness and support. I put all my energy into the blog and it made me feel better. It gave me a reason to be happy and taught me some important life lessons. I will now share my wisdom.
1. Don’t care about what others think. They will judge you no matter what, so you might as well give them something good to judge.
2. Don’t compare yourselves to others. Other blogs will always be better, girls will always have better style, pictures, graphics, etc. However, they will never be you. You are your own person, and you are unique. You have your own sense of style & it makes you happy. Don’t compare what you have to others or you will never truly be happy or successful.
3. Branch out and have courage. I love finding new blogs to comment and staying consistent with the ones I follow. I have emailed many bloggers for advice and companies for collaborations. That takes a lot of courage because most of the time, they will not respond or deny you. Being let down is tough, but learning to keep going and not give up is important.
4. Patience is a virtue. Cliche, but true. Blogging takes A LOT of patience. You won’t get every collaboration and Nordstrom isn’t going to email you telling you how much they love you. (A girl can dream.) Keep trying, and don’t give up. Be patient when your pictures aren’t perfect, and be patient when trying to gain followers, comments, etc. Patience goes a long way in the blogging world.
5. Instagram is important. Instagram consumes me. Instagram is life. My poor family and friends are so sick of me
asking forcing them to take my #ootd pictures or watch me take selfies or pictures of my food, etc. Sorry, but Instagram isn’t going away, so deal with it. 🙂 #bloggerproblems #instaaddict #celfiequeen
Okay, I’ve written a lot. However, I wanted to get this all out here. I want to thank you all for reading my blog and being so kind. Thank you for your feedback, advice, and inspiration. Thank you to my family and friends for being patient when I constantly need pictures and when I talk incessantly about my blog and fashion in general. Thank you for putting up with my shopping addiction. (It’ll get worse, don’t worry.)
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the past year. I know that the upcoming ones will be even better! The best part of blogging is getting my poses down to a tee. Looking back at former pictures is funny, and I’m so happy I (think) know how to pose now.
Thank you once again. Here’s to one year & many, many more! (Nordstrom, you can call me now, I’m not an amateur anymore 🙂